Friday, April 5, 2013

Journey Through the Bible


The Bible has always been fascinating to me.   It is no surprise that is the bestselling book of all time. It reveals God’s love and mercy to humanity.  The bible is full of adventure, poetry, rich narratives, blood thirsty wars, family struggle, drama, betrayal, jealousy, lust, excitement, sacrifice, romance, history, and love.  The bible is better than any movie Hollywood could create and more interesting than any novel.  The bible is a source of inspiration, enlightenment, motivation, and life lessons.  Most of all, it a guide book for this life and the next.

I would like to read the bible with you.  I want to examine each book, look into the history of the people, and contemplate on the wording, the imagery, and the underlining stories.  I seek to read without an agenda (if that is possible) and see the bible in a new light.  My heart will be open and I will try to destroy all of my embedded theology while I read with fresh eyes.  I will share with you my questions, thoughts, struggles, insights, and revelations.  And, I welcome you to read along with me and share where you are too.  Let us begin our journey together on http://rockandtreeministries.blogspot.com/.  Log in frequently to see new entries and please feel free to share! 

References for this blog series:
Oremus Bible Browser. February 10, 2011. http://bible.oremus.org/ (accessed April 5, 2013).

Strong, James. The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1990.
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries. Prod. E-Sword.


The MacArthur Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, Inc., 1997.
The Nelson Study Bible New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1997.
The New Interpreters Study Bible: New Revised Standard Version with Apocrypha . Nashville: Abingdon, 2003.
The New Oxford Annotated Bible with The Apocrypha: New Revised Standard Version. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment